Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Positions available: 1
Start date: 2014-05-15
This is a front office position that involves a broad range of responsibilities that will support the smooth running of the office. You will be the first point of contact between us and the world. As a result this position needs a personality that is highly attuned to the social graces needed to welcome, engage, encourage or even have a firm hand with our clients, vendors or visitors while having that trademark smile that doesn’t fade.
Think this is you… read on…...
You will be expected to be a forward thinker and take charge or fill in where you see obvious gaps in all levels. We are looking for an individual who will grow into their shoes and take up space as the organization grows.
The flexibility to work at odd hours or quickly adapt to new situations, jobs or assignments will be an added bonus. You will literally be juggling…eggs… Please try not to drop any.
This job is about personality, personality and more personality.
· Maintaining office supplies inventory and anticipating need.
· Placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
· Reconciling basic account expenses and bookeeping
· Supporting the sales team
· First point of contact between potential clients, vendors and visitors
· Occasional errands
Skills and qualifications
· 1-3 years experience working in the front office. Internships are accepted
· Demonstrated front office skills. Must have a pleasant demeanor and have experience dealing with clients
· Advanced diploma or recent graduate
· Accounting experience. Quickbooks knowledge will be a bonus
· Adaptable and willing to work within other job functions
· Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office and Excel software and other office tools
· Fluent in both English and Kiswahili
· Excellent communication and report writing skills
Please include a cover letter with a statement on why you believe you are the best candidate for the job.
Also include you expected level of remuneration.
RitePak will institute programs to reclaim polystyrene which is a valuable resource for production of new products. Most single-use, coated paperboard foodservice packaging materials are not recycled because the coating and paper cannot be separated economically.
The program will offer bins to collect polystyrene products for recycling. The bins will be located at strategic points throughout business centres and residential neighbourhoods.
Recycling helps promote energy efficiency, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and conserve resources.
The food safety benefits of polystyrene foodservice packaging are undisputed. The anti-bacterial properties that polystyrene foodservice products offer can help in providing sanitary foodservice and preventing the spread of disease. In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that regulates the safety of food-contact packaging, has approved the use of polystyrene since 1958.